You may know that social media video marketing is important, but you may not know where to start.
At 720media, we work with many small business owners and nonprofit organizations who often first meet us during their search for help with a website. This can be anything from redesigning a website to simply making edits and changes to an existing website. We offer a variety of affordable website maintenance options. People love our unique pricing model. It really allows us to be on-call whenever you need us, for as little or as much time as you need.
After a website is completed, we assess your social media marketing situation and we ask questions like:
- Which social media outlets are you using for your business?
- How often to you update your social networks with new content?
- Have you considered using video to advertise or market your products or services?
We have used Animoto, iMovie, Wave and various other editing software. We recently discovered Kapwing, an online video editing startup, and we want to say, wow! Look below for an example. We were specifically looking for software that make creating 9:16 quickly and easily on desktop, and this is the solution. It’s great for small business owners who want to create videos that are sized for mobile viewing. You can do so much: make memes, gifs, Instagram stories and more. There’s even an Instagram border template we can’t wait to try! Click here to learn more about Kapwing by visiting their website.
We like to keep social media videos short (typically under 1 minute) to match shorter and shorter social media attention spans. Unless we’re doing Facebook Lives, then we suggest a 3-minute minimum.
Whether you sell roofs for a living or run a nonprofit, we can help.
Not comfortable on-camera doing interviews? No problem. We can create social media marketing videos in many creative ways including:
- Sharing testimonials and 5-star customer reviews
- Happy holiday announcements and special promotions
- Reminder about your core services and who you are
- News releases and book signings
Here are some video marketing tips:
- Think about the keywords you are targeting when you’re making your videos. Titles and descriptions are important. Optimize Video Content for SEO (search engine optimization) to Improve Your Rankings
- Keep your videos short and professional. Pay attention to lighting and audio.
- Brand your videos. Include watermarks or your web address.
After we create social media videos, we recommend posting them in a variety of places including:
- Google My Business. Here’s directions on how to create a Google My Business listing: http://bit.ly/2JBHlZJ You can do so on your computer or phone.
- YouTube (second largest search engine)
- Website or blog
- Email Newsletter (include a snapshot of your video with link to click to watch)
Here are six social media video marketing examples created by 720media:
- Highlighting a nonprofit’s recent conference presentation in Texas
- Monthly special for Colorado Springs skin care company
- Roofing company video promoting Colorado Springs roof repairs and inspections
- Showcasing 5-star review for paintless dent repair company in Colorado Springs
- Small Business Week Colorado Springs personal branding panel introduction by Taa Dixon, 720media
- Facebook cover that serves as a short video and photo reel for past speaking engagements