2010 Social Media Marketing Resolutions
Posted in: Social Media Marketing
Social Media Resolutions for 2010:
- Learn what “social” means to Google in 2010. Google wants to make it valuable and easy to harness social information.
- Read this free Facebook business guide book. “Facebook” captured the #1 spot for most searched on term in 2009. Build your brand on Facebook. (At the end of 2009, Facebook had 350 million active users worldwide & 100 million US users.)
- Read this free Twitter business guide book.
- Understand the 10 stages of social media business integration.
- Learn from the top social brands. Pick a few brands on this list that you know and love & follow them this year on Facebook, Twitter, and beyond. Note: three Apple brands — the iPhone (at No. 1), iTunes (No. 6) and Apple Computer (No. 8)– dominated the top 10 list of brands with the most social-media buzz in 2009. The list was based on a study of Facebook, Twitter and blog posts. Source: www.trendwatching.com. One of the world’s leading trend firms, trendwatching.com sends out its free, monthly Trend Briefings to more than 160,000 subscribers worldwide.
- Understand consumer trends. (Three of my favorites: TRACKING & ALERTING is the new searching, REAL-TIME REVIEWS can’t be ignored, and MASS MINGLE using social networks.)
- Implement an effective social media strategy for your business.